Here are the latest energy-efficient gadgets that are sure to help green the environment and help you save money on energy bills.
* LED bulbs are long lasting compared to fluorescent, halogen and incandescent lighting. It will also save energy as well as money.
* At-a-glance energy monitor. This energy meter with LCD Display helps you find out how much energy your electronics and appliances are consuming. This will give you an idea on how much energy you are using and how you can cut it down.
* Cut down on water use by installing showerheads that are designed to use 30% to 70% less water than traditional showers. Try BodySpa SkinCare showerhead by Oxygenics.
* Use Solar-Powered Motion Sensor Outdoor Lights that rely on the sun to keep their rechargeable batteries up and running day in and out. Hanging lanterns, driveway reflectors and other systems are also charged by day so they light up at night.
* Use energy-efficient space heaters. My Personal Space Heater offers impressive warming power for only 150 watts. This device is portable and safe for kids and pets. You can even warm your bed at nighttime. Just place the heater between the sheets for a few minutes before retiring on winter nights.
* Try programmable thermostats because they are sure to save energy. You can program and zone each room of your house right down to the exact degree.
* The Global Sun Oven is economical, safe and the only power source you need for this oven is the sun.
* The SunRise1050 Solar-Powered Attic Fan is powered by the sun. You can save up to 30% on energy bills and also prevents roofing damage from attic moisture, winter ice and summer heat.
* Use a pellet stove because it is cheaper and cleaner than wood and natural gas stoves. A pellet stove creates zero creosote, pollutes very little and does not contribute to deforestation. It will also keep your home warm and toasty.